Facts about the school:
- Office Hours: 7:30-4:30
- Student hours: 8:45-3:00 (except Wednesday 8:45-2:00)
- School colors: Navy Blue and Silver
- School Mascot: Rockets
Important dates to remember: (more to come)
- June 7 – Nominate and Vote for members of our First Wedgefield School PTA Board! Come at 6:30 PM to the Media Center at East River High School. Let’s start off strong!
- July 19 – School Office will be open at Wedgefield
- July 27 – Sneak Peak of the School from 6:00 –7:30 PM
- August 11 – Meet your Teacher from 4:00 – 7:00 PM
- August 15 – First Day of School
Join us for our first election of our inaugural PTSA Board! Come at 6:30 PM to the Media Center at East River High School. Let’s start off strong!
At this point we have hired our complete faculty! In the next edition we will be updating you with fun facts about our Faculty and staff. They can’t wait to meet all of our Wedgefield School families!
Our Kindergarten Roundup on May 10th was a success! We registered 31 new Kindergarten students. Remember each Kindergarten student who registers early gets a free book from Mrs. Tracy and Mrs. Stevens. Be sure to register early, as we will be scheduling students into classes soon!
Kindergarten and New Student Registration is underway!
If you need to register a Kindergarten student or a student currently not enrolled at Columbia, Vista Lakes, Corner Lakes, or Odyssey then you will need to notify their current school that they will be withdrawing at the end of the year and then register your student with us. Registrations can be done at Arbor Ridge School (our temporary location) Mon-Fri from 7:30-4:30. Contact our registrar, Carmen Salicrup-Ferrer for more information. 407-672-3110 x 3032246 or firstname.lastname@example.org
We are still taking certificates for VPK students in the afternoon class. Our morning class is filled and we only need a few more for the afternoon class. Contact our registrar, Carmen Salicrup-Ferrer for more information. 407-672-3110 x 3032246 or email@example.com
Before and After School Care:
To our future Champions families,
I’m excited to be partnering with Wedgefield School and providing the absolute best before and after school care to your students. My name is Megan Bishop and I’m the Program Manager for our before and after school programs in Orange County. I’m very excited to be adding Wedgefield School to our Champions family. Enrollment is now open and space is limited! If you need before and after school care for your child for the 2016-2017 school year, please enroll now to secure your spot.
Here is some additional information about Champions:
- AM only – $18.00 per week
- PM only – $36 per week
- AM and PM – $48 per week
- There is a registration fee of $12 per child at the time of enrollment
Hours of operation:
- AM program – 6:30 am – first bell
- PM program – Dismissal – 6:00pm
How to enroll:
- Go to our website www.discoverchampions.com and click “enroll now” at the top of the page
- On the next screen, you will need to select “create an account” and fill out the information on that page. Within 72 hours you will be sent a temporary password to the email address you provided to our system.
- Once you have received your temporary password, follow steps 1 and 2 again, but this time you will enter your email address as your username and the temporary password to log in. Follow instructions moving forward to complete your enrollment.
Should you need help with enrolling please call our customer care line at – 800-246-2154
Champions is currently hiring for your school!
Do you or someone you know have experience working with kids in a professional setting? Should you want additional information about the positions open or you’re interested in applying, please send your resume to me as soon as possible as interviews will be scheduled for the beginning of June. Thank you!
Many of you are asking when we will have information on school buses. Specific bus information does not come out until late July. What we can tell you for sure is that if you are within a 2 mile radius of the school your child will either be a car rider, bike rider or walker. Everyone further than two miles will receive bus services. We will let you know when the link is current to check your addresses for bus service.
Many of you have expressed concerns over the water system in the Wedgefield area. The district has taken the safety and welfare of your students seriously. They have water filters on the pipes prior to the water fountains or bathroom fixtures already installed. They invested in designing an extensive water filtration system for each building to ensure the water is safe for drinking while at our new school. They are reviewing the reports taken by Orange County to help determine the correct design. As we continue to get updated information we will share it with you.
Reduced Rate Internet Services:
If you are in need of internet then this may be for you! They are offering families that qualify a super reduced rate of $5-10 a month for internet services. Here is a link for an application.
Like our new Facebook page! https://www.facebook.com/2K8E1/
How can I contact the school until July 19th?
Call Arbor Ridge School – 407-672-3110