Are you working on your Middle School Summer Reading Assignment?
Students in regular classes will be required to read one novel over the summer. Students in advanced and gifted classes will be required to read two novels. Students can read any fiction novel they like as long as it is available on Accelerated Reader. When students return to school in August, they will complete an assignment and an Accelerated Reader quiz on the novel.
PTA Needs You!
Our PTA board has a fabulous list of events for our school next year. They are in need of a chairperson and volunteers for several committees.
- Box tops and Campbell Soup Labels – all you need to do is collect them from the school, count them and mail them in monthly.
- Fall Carnival – help organize games, vendors and volunteers for our first annual fall carnival.
- Teacher Appreciation Week Committee – coordinate a week of celebrating our faculty and staff.
- Talent Show – Coordinate our first talent show from try-outs to Show time.
- Volunteer Coordinator – Organize and coordinate Additions volunteers.
- Homeroom Parent Coordinator – Coordinate our homeroom parents in each grade level.
It is important that you get involved so we will have a fabulous year.
Download the FREE OCPS Mobile App! Download Free OCPS APP Here
Join the thousands of people who have downloaded the Orange County Public Schools mobile app. The OCPS app is a tool for parents, students, staff and community members to connect with the district and individual schools on multiple levels. The app aggregates news, photos, sports and social media communications. It is also a resource center for school menus, district jobs, staff contacts and calendar listings, among others.
The mobile app is hosted by Parent Link, a national provider of K12 mass communication platforms. The app affords users the option to view content into any of 69 languages and is customizable to display only what the user wants to view.